I, _____________________________________, agree to the following rules of conduct during my participation in the JVL Summer School for Performing Arts in YMCA Geneva Park, Orillia, Canada from August 2 to August 16, 2022
- I will abide by the curfews set by Artistic Director Jacob Lakirovich. Most evening concerts begin at 9:00 p.m. and attendance is mandatory. The curfew will be set at the student meeting following each concert, and will usually be 30 minutes after the end of the concert. If no curfew is stated, all students must be in their rooms by 11:00 p.m. This curfew applies to ALL minor (under 18) participants living in the Geneva Park accommodations. We strongly encourage ALL students to abide by these curfews. The Summer School schedule will be intense and require your full focus.
- If I am under the age of 18, I will follow the daily schedule of accompanied walks between the buildings and various concert venues used by the JVL SSPA. Same rules are applied for sightseeing tours and excursions. Schedules will be posted at each venue and a student counsellor or adult will gather students to walk from one building to the next. (Students under 18 may walk with someone 18 years old or older).
- if you wish to allow your minor child to walk independently during daylight hours, please indicate this with your signature below.
- if you wish to allow your minor child to participate in the supervised swimming program and other supervised recreational sports activities and acknowledge the strict adherence to rules set by the YMCA Geneva Park management, please indicate this with your signature below.
- If I am a minor (under the age of 18), I will not purchase or consume any alcoholic beverages including those purchased by older students. In addition, any student who purchases alcohol for underage participants will be expelled. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be sent home at your own expense immediately!
- No use or possession of drugs will be tolerated. Students of any age caught breaking this rule will immediately be expelled from the Summer School at their own expense.
- I will leave a practice room or rehearsal venue clean and orderly. I will recycle water bottles, dispose of trash properly and take personal items with me. I will never place drinks on or near any of the pianos.
I have read and agree to these conditions.
Student's signature: ________________________________________________ Parent/guardian: ____________________________________________________ [ ] Initial here if you give permission for your minor child to walk between venues alone during daylight hours. [ ] Initial here if you give permission for your minor child to participate in the supervised swimming program and other supervised recreational sport activities.